Tips on how to be safe if you think you are being stalked.
- The victim will attempt to make sense of what the stalker’s actions and motives are. Document information that you or any witnesses can provide. The police are unable to investigate every stalker claim that is reported without evidence.
- The stalker needs to be notified to stop. Either you or your attorney can notify them. A registered letter needs to be sent to the stalker stating that he/she must stop the behavior immediately.
All the stalking incidents need to be reported to the police.
- Law enforcement needs to be notified. Keep a log when you know you are being stalked.
- Get a criminal warrant and file for a protective order. If the stalker doesn’t respect the order, if the order is violated the police are required to make an arrest.
- Take a photo or videotape if you see the stalker if it's safe to do so.
- Keep copies of protective orders, court orders, etc.
Make it hard for a stalker to track you down.
Change your travel routes and routines to make it hard for the stalker to keep track of you.
Change your address to a PO Box and inform professional organizations that they are not to give anyone information about you. Document information that you or any witnesses can provide.
A description of the stalker needs to be given to friends, neighbors, coworkers and family members. Ask them to watch for him/her, document everything listed above and give you a written account for your records.
Don't ask the post office to forward your mail if you move. You can arrange for the post office to hold your mail to pick it up.
A stalker is a very serious problem and they enjoy spying, harassing and intimidating their victims. The stalker will continue his or her aggressive inhumane and insane behaviors for the simple fact that they take pleasure in the act.
A good professional private investigator will have the knowledge and tools.
- A private investigator will know how to fight off, defend against and assist in prosecuting stalkers beyond your expectations. Stalkers and criminals will always cyber attack their victims online.
A private investigator has the commitment, expertise, and strategies to stop the criminals and stalkers because we become victims of the psychotic criminal behavior.